Choosing the Best Sex Research Paper Topics: Tips and Tricks
The recently introduced Gender Studies course has made quite a number of students search desperately for research topics about sex. This is an important class as it teaches young people about various aspects of sexual life through the study of the sexual behavior of young adults in the United States and other countries of the world.
In many cases, disciplines like psychology, sociology, and nursing study sex-related issues, which means that your research paper on sex should be in APA style and contain the following elements: the title page, outline, introduction, methodology, findings, discussion, and bibliography.
The goal of this article is, therefore, to suggest ways of coming up with topics in sex research, as well as suggest 55 topic ideas.
The List of Interesting Research Topics about Sex
Teachers do not always assign a specific topic, which is great. However, it is not easy to select an interesting problem without someone else's help, which is why we've put together some tips that will help you choose the right topic.
Sit down with your friends or family members and discuss all kinds of topics related to sex and gender studies. Make sure you note down every single idea suggested, so you end up having a long list of interesting and research-worthy topics. Stay up to date. Follow social media and news channels to know which of the topics related to sexual education might be interesting for your audience.
- Check information availability.
Make sure that your topic can be researched using trusted sources, and that you have access to the necessary study materials. Do not forget that you will have to provide some quotes in your work to prove the thesis statement.
- Avoid sensitive topics.
Yes, it is hard to avoid sensitive or provoking ideas when it comes to selecting a topic for this kind of paper. Try to pick an issue that will not provoke subjective opinions. Support everything that you say with in-text citations from credible and up-to-date sources.
- Discuss the choice.
Once you are ready with the list of sex education research topics, ask your teacher to have a look at it and recommend you the best one. Discuss the final choice with them.
- Philosophy of sex.
- Gay youth.
- Sexually transmitted diseases.
- The consequence of early pregnancy.
- The relationship between early sex and bad habits.
- The geographical locations of people who are being trafficked most of all.
- The causes of trafficking.
- The consequences of sexual trafficking.
- Discussing sex trafficking.
- Places where people for sex trafficking are taken from.
Sex, race, class
- The difference in human sexual experiences.
- Organizational communication and sex.
- Having access to civil/participative liberties helps to learn more about sex.
- Conflicts between public and private domains.
- The role of gender in non-profitable organizations.
- Global justice & women.
- Feminist opinion on the pornographic films.
- Marriage & civil unions.
- The role of feminism in modern politics.
- The impact of feminism on family structure.
Sex work stigma
- Testing stigma as sex work researchers.
- Critical analysis of the sex work-related stigma.
- Prostitution stigma.
- The effect of prostitution on working conditions.
- High-cost of the stigma attached to the sex work industry.
Religion and sex
- The role of religion in reproduction.
- The role of gender in the Islamic religion.
- The way sex is viewed in Christianity.
- Human rights and religion.
- Sexuality as a new area of research.
- The issue of sexuality within the therapeutic encounter.
- Factors that influence professional practice in sexuality.
- The effectiveness of sex therapy.
- The findings of research on human sexuality.
- Sex therapies for the male population.
- A paper on sex crimes.
- Sex offender registry.
- Sex offender treatment and therapy.
- Criminal justice and sex.
- Managing high-risk offenders.
- The way sexual minorities changed the concept of family.
- Reasons for the same-sex marriage.
- How same-sex couples divide their roles.
- Gay marriage and its impact on culture.
- Social media and same-sex marriage.
Anthropology: sex and gender
- Studies of female population and sexuality.
- The impact of stigma on mental health.
- Collective objectification in women's rugby culture.
- The perception of modern gay relationships.
- Formation & fragmentation of gender and race.
- Historical and scientific perspectives of homosexuality.
- Causes of premarital sex among teens.
- The suppression of sexuality in different theories.
- Gay porn and intimacy.
- Consequences of premarital sex.
Choose one of the good sex research paper topics from different categories to impress your teacher! However, if writing a paper is a challenge for you, your best bet would be to seek the help of professional academic writers. And trust us — you won't find anyone better than us! We can complete any academic assignment lightning-fast and to the highest academic standards!