Before Choosing TOK Presentation Topics: Assignment's Definition and Structure
TOK, which stands for Theory of Knowledge, is a required course studied by the participants of the International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme (IBDP). A TOK presentation comprises 9 slides (recommended number), each of which should have minimum text, with the most exciting parts highlighted.
To succeed in this task, it is important to know the TOK presentation structure, so we recommend sticking to the following guidelines:
- Slide #1: Cover Page (one minute).
Content: The title of speech + group members.
Tell a real-life story explaining why the chosen problem matters to you.
- Slide #2: Decontextualization (one minute).
Content: Share an opinion about a real-life situation discussed at the beginning and explain it using the TOK approach (use the terminology learned during the term).
Discuss how the audience may relate to the situation (describe a real-life case relevant to your KQ).
- Slide #3: Knowledge Question (a minute).
Content: Prepare a KQ list to observe the relationship between your situation and KQ.
List a couple of KQs you are currently observing; show how the chosen KQs will be useful for interpreting the situation; offer assumptions regarding KQs; explain the meaning of every term used.
- Slide #4, 5, 6: Development 1-3 (3.5 minutes each).
Content: Briefly address all the main claims and explain how the chosen evidence proves those (be sure to do the same with the counterclaim).
Compare the selected evidence and the claim, showing in the conclusion how the claim and counterclaim are interrelated.
- Slide #7: General Conclusion.
- Slide #8: Recalling the Real-Life Situation.
- Slide #9: Bibliography (no need to explain anything here - thank your audience instead).
Possible TOK Presentation Topics for Students
Keep in mind that a TOK presentation contributes roughly 33% of the final course grade, so watch out! You cannot earn more than 10 points for such an assignment, so do your best to get the maximum grade as it will be easier for you to survive the rest of the examination stages. Look at the topics for TOK presentation to ease the process!
- Imagination and will of art.
- The Coherence Theory.
- Simple Mimesis and relation to reality.
- Avante Garde to Chance culture.
- Gangnam style.
- Obesity and the world of marketing.
- Body language.
- Westernization in art.
- Cultural imperialism.
- Correlation between evolution & art.
- The purpose of life.
- Utilitarianism & Categorical Imperative.
- Different types of ethical dilemmas.
- Self-interest theory.
- Living a life without knowing its meaning.
- Moral relativism.
- Duty ethics & Evolution-Creation theories.
- Punishment according to ethical standards.
- Defining what is right & what is wrong from an ethical perspective.
- Different schools of thoughts.
- Using dance as a language.
- Common problems in dancing.
- A separate genre of art/sports.
- An Indian love story in the context of dance.
- Communicating through various dancing movements.
- Krumping - a different style of dance.
- Dancing by Lacey and Kameron.
- Dancing and the art of theatre.
- Dancing in the modern cinematography.
- The vital role of dance in indigenous communities.
- The evolution of the primary purpose of music throughout time.
- The form of art to entertain.
- History of rock music.
- The role of classical music in students' lives.
- The impact of different music on human emotions.
- Cases of alleged music plagiarism.
- The role of music in overall literacy.
- The extent to which music conveys knowledge & insight.
- Music in the '80s and its role in the modern world.
- The Theory of Knowledge & music.
- The consequences of removing monuments.
- The way modern people erase history.
- The fate of The Foot Soldier of Birmingham.
- The good and the bad in US history.
- Seeing the American Revolution from various perspectives.
- The significance of the US Confederate Monuments.
- Things that Georgetown owes the descendants.
- Praising Trump and his actions.
- The unfair fate of Mahatma Gandhi.
- Reasons why the President needs the so-called Council of Historians.
- Human Sciences.
- How approaches to natural sciences are related to human sciences.
- Ways of quantifying data in human sciences.
- The credibility of the findings in psychological sciences.
- What role ethics plays in psychology.
- Empathy & feeling as the way of knowing your neighbor in psychology.
- Ethical responsibilities from a psychological point of view.
- Human behaviors that are beyond the scope of psychology.
- Various psychological approaches applied across different historical periods.
- The effectiveness of psychological research.
- Radioactive decay.
- A look from the math perspective at Fibonacci numbers in nature.
- The constants of nature.
- Analysis of the compounding chess squares legend.
- The speed of light & time dilation.
- The invention of logs.
- Different log scales in real life.
- Lottery math: the ways to win.
- Game theory & expected value.
- Scientific induction & deduction.
- People who base their understanding of the world on feelings.
- Evaluating facts vs. feelings.
- Mapping human emotions.
- The primary purpose of language.
- Communicating emotions through language.
- The contribution of mentions to reasoning.
- Factors that influence emotions: culture, gender, personality traits, etc.
- To what extent are human emotions reliable?
- Should we rely on our emotions in the decision-making process?
- The consequence of having reason and no emotions.
- Different perceptions of beauty.
- The main concepts of beauty in developed countries.
- Comparing beauty standards of the Ancient times with modern days.
- The central idea of beauty.
- Theory of Knowledge and beauty.
- The way social media represents beauty.
- Factors that affect the perception of beauty.
- The role of culture in understanding what is beautiful.
- Internal & external beauty.
- Plastic surgery.
Getting Help from Online Writing Team
Choosing TOK presentation topics ideas is not nearly as challenging as doing the actual research & writing. Our team of seasoned professionals know everything about different types of academic writing and are always ready to help you with your TOK presentation. Order your paper now and get it done in no time at all!